Mindfulness: The Mayonnaise Jar and the Coffee
When things in your life seem almost too much to handle, when 24 hours in a day are not enough, remember the mayonnaise jar and the coffee.
A professor stood before his philosophy class and had some items in front of him. When the class began, wordlessly, he picked up a very large and empty mayonnaise jar and proceeded to fill it with golf balls. He then asked the students if the jar was full. They all agreed that it was.
The professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured them into the jar. He shook the jar lightly. The pebbles rolled into the open areas between the golf balls. He then asked the students again if the jar was full. They all agreed it was.
The professor next picked up a box of sand and poured it into the jar. Of course, the sand filled up everything else. He asked once more if the jar was full. The students responded with an unanimous “yes”. The professor then produced two cups of coffee from under the table and poured the entire contents into the jar, effectively filling the empty space between the sand. The students laughed!
“Now,” said the professor, as the laughter subsided,
“I want you to recognize that this jar represents your life. The golf balls are the important things–your God, family, your children, your health, your friends and your favourite passions–things that if everything else was lost and only they remained, your life would still be full.
The pebbles are the other things that matter like your job, your house, and your car. The sand is everything else – the small stuff.
Spend time with your family. Take time to get medical checkups. Take your partner out to dinner. Play another 18. There will always be time to clean the house and fix the disposal. Take care of the golf balls first, the things that really matter. Set your priorities. The rest is just sand.”
“If you put the sand into the jar first,” he continued,
“there is no room for the pebbles or the golf balls. The same goes for life. If you spend all your time and energy on the small stuff, you will never have room for the things that are important to you. Pay attention to the things tat are critical to your happiness. Play with your children.”
One of the students raised her hand and inquired what the coffee represented.
The professor smiled and said,
“I’m glad you asked. It just goes to show you that no matter how full your life may seem, there’s always room for a couple of cups of coffee with a friend.”
This workshop is limited to places. Refreshments and a light lunch will be provided.
What the workshop involves:
There are seven rays of Reiki, you will be attuned to the first ray
You will learn about what Reiki is and the history of Reiki
You will learn about the Chakas and the aura
You will be shown techniques for scanning, cleansing and protecting the aura
There will be a guided meditation
You will learn the hand positions for self healing
You will be shown the hand positions for treating others.
After learning how to treat others you will both give and receive a full treatment.
After the workshop:
You will be confident to give a treatment to friends and family.
you will know how to self treat an will have the amazing ability to channel Reiki for life
You will receive:
A Reiki level 1 manual & Certificate
Ongoing support and advice & invitation to free Reiki Share.
Investment: €150 (€50 deposit)
The full super moon of tomorrow night promises to be spectacular……….the end of a cycle and making room for new ventures, desires, friends, dreams and hopes. Tune into what you really want and what your deserve, set your intentions and send it up to the moon to manifest all your desires
So its the start of another year, another month, week or day……….which ever it is, its a start, and you have decided to make a few changes….positive changes. You may have read about The Law of Attraction, meditation or noticed that the positive people around you seem to get happier and have what they want or that you feel its time to step out of your comfort zone.
So heres a few simple ideas to help you get started on your journey. The only thing to remember is that everything takes practice so it wont all be perfect straight away so get get stressed or give out to yourself.
• Morning Meditation: this is simply putting intention into a day dream so its not as complicated as some make it out to be. Focus with a positive thought for the day. Start simple with something like gratitude. “Today I am grateful for everything I have in my life so far and for all that is coming my way”. Spend about 3-5 minutes in bed before getting up thinking this over and over and feeling the gratitude.
• look for opportunity: everywhere you go notice the opportunity past, present and future. Start to realise that once the car you are driving was an idea before it became an object and before someone made money from producing it. the same goes for almost every item you touch. they were all ideas or concepts at one stage and brought to fruition by people who saw opportunity and money was made from this. in every experience there is opportunity. Think to yourself when you notice a great invention “wow, I could think of something like that”
• Using Crystals: Everything has a vibration. Even stones and rocks. Some crystals/stones/rocks can bring positive energy your way. Clear quartz is fabulous for cleansing the energy around you and you home especially computers and devices. Citrine is the crystal of abundance…..abundance of what ever you wish for. Money, fertility, work etc. place citrine in your purse or wallet to attract abundance. believe it is on the way and you will soon find that you do not worry about cash flow as much. When you worry you block the abundance.
• Moon energy: Connect with the moon. Go out to the garden on a full moon and soak up the energy. When there is a new moon write all your desires and intentions on a piece of paper and burn them in a fire pit or metal bowl and send the energy up to the moon energy. When you trust in the process you will feel positive and attract what you have wished for.
• Burn essential oils: Essential oils have many healing properties and can be used as room freshers or as body sprays. Try rubbing oils between your hands and walk into the aroma and the energy. Always seek advice when using oils and dilute accordingly. Rowan oil is good for protection, frankincense is excellent for starting new journeys. Try these in oil burners in the home.
• Vision boards: Gather lots of pictures from magazines, books and the internet of the many things you wish in your life. This can be the new car you dream about, a new relationship, a holiday or many other desires. Paste them on a cardboard sheet and make it colourful and pleasant to look at. Each day look at all the items you would love to have and feel that the universe is providing these for you. It is all on the way once you believe you deserve it and you are living life in accordance to your higher self.
• Journaling: This is not for every one but start with a few sentences of what was positive in your day before you go to sleep. this should also encourage deep, restful and happy sleep.
• Start noticing symbols: white feathers, butterflies, figure of 8 infinity symbols etc. These can be your validation from the universe that it is all working out and to keep doing what you are doing.
• Daily Mantra: pick a mantra to help you see the day with positive light. Nice and simple and say it to yourself from time to time. This all encourages positive thought process and reprogramming of old negative thought patterns. “ I feel happy and grateful for this lovely day”, “ When i smile if feel good and so do others”
• Smile: it uses less muscles than frowning but once you smile you will find you feel happier. Why? Generally because people mimic by nature and smile back at you. When you see a smile you release endorphins in the brain or happy hormones so you just feel happier. It means handling any negativity or stress is easier so its win win.
• Like minded people: Surround yourself with like minded people. We all know that feeling of depression or sadness after being with certain people who just can’t see to have any thing polite to say so the opposite it also true. Once you are around happy and positive people the energy changes to match that.
• Have fun: Just relax a little and don’t be so serious. No one will steal your house work or the dust. don’t sweat the small stuff and watch the nice stuff come your way.
Gift Certificates Available for Christmas.
All therapies included
Indian Head Massage
Emotional Freedom technique